One of the most difficult things to deal with is the loss of a child.
This interview is with a mom who lost her 20-year-old daughter in a car accident.
She talks about the pain and the steps of her grieving process in the hopes of helping others that might be going through this struggle.
Linda answers these questions in her video and although you need to watch the whole video, to highlight the important parts I have the times in the video beside some important questions that will be great for review after you watch the whole thing
- What happens to you when you have a death in your life and how do you deal with people? 3:30
- What to do when you are struggling with the loss 4:55
- Coping skills 5:55
- What to do if you feel like you want to disappear 7:00 – 9:42
- What are the stages, and do you have to go through them? 10:15 – 14:15
- What you need to do in order to move forward 14:45-18:40 and 27:15
- Permission to do what you need 29:00 – 30:33
- Do you feel like you have lost your heart 31:49 – 36:54
- A personal message from Linda to help you through this journey 36:54 – 42:00
- Nobody can fix you, but you can need a support person 43:17
Please take Linda’s advice if you are struggling with coping and find a counsellor that has suffered a loss as well as they will understand and be able to help you with your grief.
When looking on Google for this type in ‘Find a Grief Therapist, Grief Psychologist, Grief Counselor’ and type in your city.
Click here to watch a video on dealing with guilt
Click here to watch a video on dealing with a terminal illness and raising children.